Nandi Hills near Bengaluru, serve as an excellent trekking/cycling/hangout destination and one of the most popular day trip getaway or things to do for people in around Bengaluru. Read, our road trip experience to Nandi Hills from Bangalore.
Why Sacrifice Your Weekend for Early Morning Trip to Nandi Hills?
Situated roughly at distance of 70 Km from Bangalore is the Nandi hills and is a massively famous tourist spot. Blessed with a pleasant climate throughout or at least during morning and evening. If you are lucky, you may see the mists covering the valley during sunrise.
Reasons Why to Wake up Early & Head to Nandi Hills
- Just to chill out and enjoy the green, misty & cold surrounding
- The drive to Hill is itself memorable with eight hairpin drive en route to the top
- Long drive on a weekend with your loved one on the best road (From Hebbla)
- Get real photographs and share with your social media friends
- Eat something different or enjoy rural atmosphere
Reasons Why Not to Go Nandi Hills & Better be at Home
- Early morning crowd & Rush– Yes, it sounds magnificent that “chalo Nandi hill” (Let’s go Nandi Hill), but you know what I mean, be prepared to see the huge crowd at parking, entrance and the site.
- Gate to the top closed– Again, you can take your car & bike at the top only after 5:45 AM as the security open the gate from the base of the hill.
- Start by 4 AM from Bangalore– Everyone wants to reach the summit at the earliest, and with the influx of visitors increasing year on year, you need to head start from Bangalore between 4 to 4:30 AM. So, the key is waking up as early as possible.
- Drowsiness while returning– You need to drink coffee or tea while returning to Bangalore, as you might feel tired and sleep and way return to home and add to that face the Bangalore traffic
Is it Then Worth Going to Nandi Hills this Weekend?
Absolutely yes, if you just want a change from your mundane life. Moreover, you don’t want to kill your time and burn your pocket in driving some 200 Km out of Bangalore. As you, turn left from NH 7 and turn towards Nandi hill road, you would start feeling a sudden change in landscape and also climate. Enjoy the mother nature at it’s best.
We highly recommend you to take one Nandi hills trip from Bangalore. Also, you can take your family for short Nandi hills trip & attractions.
Who Should Head Out to the Hills
For anyone and everyone who are close to nature like me and won’t mind waking up a bit early to catch the magnificent sunrise from the hill top? A great getaway for adventure, mountain, nature lovers and all those looking for a pleasant weekend getaway.
How to Reach Nandi Hills From Bangalore
As I did, the majority would be taking their personal car or bikes to arrive at the top. You just need to ensure that you leave Bangalore by 4:30 AM and take the Airport road.
You might be aware that cycling in Bangalore is quite famous, and if you are super enthusiastic about cycle ride to Nandi Hill, you are in luck. I saw many folks cycling all the way to the top. Just, be aware of the turns and ride with care.
Where to stay in around Nandi hills? We list down few best resorts/hotels for you
The area around Nandhi hills is blessed with mesmerizing natural beauty. Nandhi hills are also home to other famous attractions like Yoganandeshwara temple and an old Nandi temple. Nehru Nilay and Gandhi Nilay, located on the hilltop, are of great historical importance!
If you plan to enjoy all these beauties with time by your side, we strongly recommend booking a 1 night 2 days stays in around Nandhi hills. You will have your time and also enjoy the best weather of Nandi hills.
We recommend below resorts and hotels in around Nandi hills to explore and book in case you make your decision.
- Discovery Village Nandi Hills
- Hotel Mayura Pine Top Nandi Hills
- Mount Plazo
However, do note that above hotels/resort located in offbeat location, do not expect too much from them, idea is to just chill, spend time with family and enjoy the weather at Nandi hills
In case you put up your stay in around Devanhalli (18 Km from Nandi hills), there’s lot of best hotels/resort to choose from
One last thing…
If you liked the article and guide on Nandi hills , click the stars below or share so other people will see it on the Web.