2014 was the year of long weekends, but wait the party isn’t over yet. 2015 is no less than that. With advance planning, one can still enjoy 12 long weekends this year. This means 12 additional places one can escape from mundane city life.
Here are the list of extended holidays to refer and club those with additional regular holidays, so its time to escape from city life.
1. January (Republic day 26th, Monday)– Keep it simple and sweet , 1st month of the long year , escape to places near to your cities for 2 nights 3 days plan.
2. February (Maha Shivaratri, 17th Tuesday)– Not applicable to all cities , but Delhietes and Banguluru folks can take Monday as leave and head for far off places, Go Goa is what to look from both the cities, reason good weather , affordable and love being in air . Yes, Valentine day’s hangover.
3. March (Holi 6th, Friday)– Not for Bangaluru folks this time , but its good to be at native place to enjoy this colourful festival with family.
4. April (Good Friday 3rd, Friday)– April marks the official start of summer in India , but being 1st week , you can still enjoy and hop in for relaxed road drive near to city .
5. May (May Day 1st May, Friday)– This is the one Delhietes are going to miss. Mumbai , Bangaluru, Pune folks can head to near by hill stations . Lonavala,Khandala ( for Maharashtra people), Coorg, OOty (for Karnataka people)
6. July (Eid-Ul-Fitar 17th, Friday )– Three day break can be utilized for Monsoon onset in India. Head towards places , where it can be best enjoyed over masala tea and Bada Pav ( I am tilted more towards Mumbaikar’s national food )
7. September(Ganesh chaturthi 17th, Thursday)– Take that Friday or Monday off and head towards some unknown places, like Kerala or Darjeeling and have a relaxing September
8. October (Gandhi Jayanti 2nd, Friday)– National holiday, escape to near by places for quick recharge or sit back and enjoy memorable time with your loved one.
9 October (Dasara 22nd, Thursday)– Durga puja holiday, good time to head towards home town or for adventure junkie towards hill. Reason being there still some rains and mists to be watched from retreating Monsoon.
10 November (Diwali Holiday 11th, Wednesday)– Festival of lights, and this year Diwali will fall in November so do not hesitate to take some extra holidays before it expired in Dec-2015. Use the holidays to go some far off places with your families or friends, Himachal, Uttrakhand ,Goa Kerla could be some hot destinations.
11 December (Christmas 25th, Friday) – The best month to be in place , after year long working , happy/sad moments its time to give yourself a well deserving break and escape to places you been asking for. This is also best month to be enjoyed throughout India ( avoid extreme snowfalls in places like Manali, Shimla)
12 December (New Year 1st , Friday) – Well 2015 will end on high note as well . 1st January being Friday , so party all night and welcome 2016 with bang. Take this day as a well deserved holiday.
So, whether you are leaving for quick break or long vacation , we would recommend to plan your part in advance . Please proceed with a confirmed stay at bare minimum . Drive safe and enjoy the year 2015-Year of long weekends!
Please share this article on your social profiles , bhalai ki duniya chalo rakho !
Bon- Voyage, travelescape.in Team!