Isha Yoga Centre in India is a sacred space for self-transformation where spiritual seekers from all over the globe gather to pursue the spiritual path.
An out-of-the-world destination that may create a situation within yourself that you have never imagined possible in human life. Before you are too weak or too old, you must experience a higher level of consciousness.
Meaning Of Isha
Living Isha. The word ‘Isha’ means the formless primordial source of creation.
You must have gone through a picture contains a 112-feet sculpture of Adiyogi (Lord Shiva) surrounded by beautiful mountains, located at the Isha Yoga Centre in India. Amazing, right!
Isha, peace is really a place!
Isha Foundation or Isha Yoga Centre is situated at the foothills of the Velliangiri Mountains on the outskirts of Coimbatore in the Indian State of Tamil Nadu.
What is Isha Foundation?
Founded in 1992 by Sadguru, Isha Foundation is an NGO that addresses all aspects of human well-being. The Isha Yoga Centre is the headquarters of Isha Foundation. Its environment projects such as Action for Rural Rejuvenation and Project Green Hands are unique and well-defined initiatives. Looking out for a stay in Ashrams? check out our detailed article on Ashram in India, Isha Yoga center does feature in volunteering services
One life, touching another.
The centre offers powerful yoga programs for inner transformation with the facility of various residential accommodation and wholesome sattvic food.
Hundreds of thousands of volunteers support the Foundation’s work in over 200 centres across the globe.
Attractions to Explore at Isha Yoga Centre:
The main attraction of Isha Yoga Centre is Dhyanalinga, a powerful energy form that creates the possibility for every human being to experience life in its totality.
“Just sitting silently for a few minutes within the sphere of Dhyanalinga is enough to make even those unaware of meditation experience a state of deep meditativeness.”
It is the largest mercury based live linga in the world and stabilized with natural additives ensure a structural lifespan of up to 5000 years.
Events at Dhyanalinga:
- Aumkar Meditation – Daily at the centre from 12:30 pm to 1:00 pm
- Nada Aradhana – Twice a day from 11:50 am to 12:10 pm and 5:50 pm to 6:10 pm
- Amavasya (New Moon) and Purnima (Full Moon) – Personal offerings: milk from 6:00 am to 1:00 pm and water from 1:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Pancha Bhuta Aradhana – On Shivaratri, between 5:40 pm and 6:10 pm
- The grace of Shiva, considered the Adi Guru, was the first teacher from whom the yogic tradition originates. This 112 feet sculpture represents the 112 ways to attain to wellbeing and one’s ultimate nature.
How did I feel at Isha Foundation?
I have no words to express my feelings while exploring the place having rains and rainbows, surrounded by mountains and clouds and indulged in between the world’s largest bust sculpture – Adiyogi.
It is recorded in Guinness Book and recognized as an Incredible India destination by the Government of India.
Each year at Isha Yoga Centre, MahaShivaRatri is celebrated as a festival and features meditations, musical performances, and programs. It is recommended that you should plan during Mahashivaratri to experience a powerful and divine celebration.
In 2020, Mahashivaratri will be celebrated with explosive meditations and performances by eminent artists on 21st February. Don’t miss it.
- The centre boasts two Theerthakunds – the Suryakund for men and the Chandrakund for women. These water bodies are energized by consecrated rasalingas. A dip in these waters brings physical and mental rejuvenation. Just after getting your valuables deposited at the counter, you can go for Theerthakunds. Bring some money with you inside the premises to pay for a piece of cloth you have to wear while entering the kunds.Link: https://isha.sadhguru.org/theerthakund
- Linga Bhairavi – The ultimate manifestation of the powerful Mother Goddess, Linga Bhairavi, strengthens the human body, mind and energy system.
Various rituals and offerings are conducted with Devi’s presence to benefit those longing for marriage or couples longing to have children, enhances the child’s health, longevity, strength, and vitality.
There are rituals exclusively for children to begin their education, for expectant mothers and couples who wish to conceive. Weddings can be celebrated in the grace of Linga Bhairavi.
Even death rituals can be conducted at Linga Bhairavi followed by an intensely powerful process.
The 9-day Navaratri celebration is an opportunity to experience the energies of the Goddess. The festival includes a traditional handicraft exposition, which takes place throughout the nine days.
- Isha Rejuvenation Centre – It offers various programs to experience inner peace and the joy of a healthy body but remember that pre-registration is required. Residential programs at the centre offer ways to cleaning the five elements of the body as well as other program-specific methods to create long-lasting rejuvenating effects.
“Every human being aspires for health and well-being. True health fundamentally means to be in tune with nature, both the inner and outer.”
The rooms or cottages are available at the Isha Yoga Centre by prior booking only. Book at least two weeks in advance.
Isha Centre Timings: (Open year-around 7 days per week)
6 am – 8 pm
- Linga Bhairavi Temple:
6:30 am – 1:00 pm, 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm
7:30 am – 7:30 pm
- Isha Rejuvenation Centre:
8:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Pepper Vine Eatery and Isha Shoppe:
8:30 am – 7:30 pm
A Sacred Offering of Food:
Food is served every day, twice a day at the Biksha Hall of Isha Yoga Centre to over a thousand people. Isha Biksha is a sacred offering that you can make to the Isha Yoga Centre on your anniversary or any special day.
Volunteer Opportunities: If you are a 24-hour volunteer wherever you are, you always have a very powerful space around you. For opportunities to volunteer at Isha click here. (https://isha.sadhguru.org/in/en/volunteer)
How to Reach:
The Isha Yoga Centre is located 30km west of Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. The city of Coimbatore is well connected by road, train, and air. You can find direct free buses from Coimbatore Bus Station to Isha Yoga Centre.
There are flights available from Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore and major cities to Coimbatore International Airport.
We strongly recommend these two research-based videos to get the cheapest flight tickets:
Best Ways to Book Cheap Flight Tickets in Hindi [Part-1]:
How to Book Cheapest Flight Ticket in Hindi [Part-2]:
Things to Do at Isha Yoga Centre:
- Take a dip in the water bodies – Theerthakunds
- Meditate within the sphere of Dhyanalinga
- Consecrate with Linga Bhairavi
- Walk to the world’s largest bust sculpture of Lord Shiva
- Attend Aumkar sessions happen daily at the Centre
- Seduce your taste buds at Pepper Vine Eatery – Isha’s own cafeteria
- Buy organic clothing, books and a variety of items at the Isha Shoppe
- Join programs at Isha Rejuvenation Centre (please make an appointment in advance)
I chose to visit the Isha Yoga Centre. Why?
To have a break from the hustle and bustle of the city where I live, I thought I should give myself the inner peace I deserve with inspiration so I found Isha Yoga Centre as a perfect destination in India which is the most sacred place for self-transformation.
Only if individuals become peaceful, the world will be peaceful.
Heading Isha Yoga Centre from Bangalore?
Isha Yoga Centre in Coimbatore is located around 395km from Bangalore. More than 10 trains reach Coimbatore from Bangalore which takes a minimum of 6.5 hours and you may find seats easily.
There are AC and non-AC buses available every hour from all the major boarding points in Bangalore. Nothing beats a long drive and music – the best therapy. I recommend you to visit one of these hill stations near Coimbatore & enjoy the beautiful nature of South India for a few more days.
My Advice To You
You plan to visit Isha Yoga Centre which will make your soul shine and understand the true meaning of inner peace. A visit to the center helps people to express their divinity.
Isha Yoga Centre in Coimbatore makes you feel so much alive and there is a lot more to do on and around in the state of Tamil Nadu.
Do get connected with our Facebook group & be part of our growing community of great stories & experience.
Before you go– A single click on the LIKE button encourages us while sharing the blog motivates a thousand people so don’t deprive us of that, like and share and spread the good word!
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: https://www.youtube.com/piyushswanderings